Welcome to Home Economics
If any pupil is absent, they should login to their Glow account and access their Google Classroom.
They should login to https://glow.rmunify.com/ and enter their Glow email address and password.
Once you have entered Google Classroom, please click on the house icon on the left hand side of the screen, then scroll through the apps and click on Google Classroom.
You will now see a classes named either S1 Home Economics, S2 Home Economics, S3 Practical Cookery or N5 Practical Cookery please click on the word ‘Join’
You will now have access to the work provided for each week.
Home Economics Department
There is developed a course structure which reflects the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence, the principles of curriculum design, giving children and young people on opportunity to develop skills, attitude and knowledge which is related to relevant, active learning.
The Faculty delivers aspects of Health & Wellbeing and Technologies which encompass:
- make informed decisions in order to improve their mental, emotional, social and physical wellbeing
- experience challenge and enjoyment
- experience positive aspects of healthy living and activity for themselves
- apply their mental, emotional and social skills to pursue a healthy lifestyle
- make a successful move to the next stage of education or work
- establish a pattern of health and wellbeing which will be sustained into adult life, and which will help to promote the health and wellbeing of the next generation of Scottish children
- and, for some, perform at high levels in sport or prepare for careers within the health and leisure industries.